- E-Learning for schools (Mar 16, 2020 )
Steps to setup up E-Learning for schools
- Setting up a Clojure Project in 2017 (Dec 17, 2017 )
In the process of replacing Java based REST services, I explored to use Clojure as an alternative
The development team I work with, needed to decide on what follows Angular 1.0. Here is a summary.
- An Angular template for Java and Clojure REST services (Dec 12, 2014 )
A lean Angular template for Java and Clojure development. Includes GUI unit and end to end tests, Bootstrap, Sass stylesheets, live reloading.
- Thoughts on Internet security (Sep 02, 2014 )
Phishing, password attacks, social attacks are a frequent problem. This could be addressed with better teaching.
- Clojure Async – Kindergarden Party (Apr 28, 2014 )
A hands-on workshop to build asynchronous applications with Clojure
- Beautiful Clojure – destructuring data (Oct 29, 2013 )
Introduction into beautiful features in Clojure
- Puzzle pieces to reach test heaven (Jul 29, 2013 )
A collection of insights, code smells and useful books and videos on testing
- 11 reasons why JEE fails? (Feb 19, 2013 )
11 reasons why you should reconsider using JEE.
- Why does SVN fail? (Jun 15, 2012 )
Working in big enterprise company, you have to justify before moving from one source code tool to another. But why should I replace Subversion with Git or Mercurial. I took the time to analyse a couple of Subversion issues and would like to show when other version control system like Mercurial or Git work whereas SVN fails.
- JPA and Hibernate eBook update (Oct 15, 2011 )
Update notes on the Hibernate eBook
- Communication as Cost Driver in Software Projects (Aug 06, 2011 )
A discussion of communication problems as cost driver for software projects
- Java Persistence and Hibernate eBook updated (May 20, 2011 )
Update notes to the June 2011 update
- JBoss Weld transactions with JPA and Hibernate in Java SE (Jan 12, 2011 )
How to implement a proper transaction interceptor using JBoss Weld.
- JSF 2 can finally be used in cluster environments (Aug 23, 2010 )
- Imagine the web improves on 11.11.11 (Jul 15, 2010 )
Proposals to improve CSS and browser security
- Hibernate Training Update (Apr 20, 2010 )
The content of the Hibernate based trainings was updated.
- Blogging like a developer (Feb 24, 2010 )
Description why I choose Jekyll as blogging engine
- Window Id – Practical use cases (Jan 18, 2010 )
Practical use cases for the window id concept
- GWT tip – better exception logging on the server (Dec 18, 2009 )
The GWT servlet is not very helpful considering exceptions of the server code. This can easily be improved.
- Oh JavaFX, Oh JavaFX – why don’t you progress? (Dec 01, 2009 )
Some reflection on JavaFX, a back log from the Devoxx conference
- Devoxx 2009 Presentation – Selecting Web Technologies (Nov 18, 2009 )
My presentation and related links from the Devoxx conference.
- Window id – browser extension (Nov 13, 2009 )
- JSF 2 – evaluation and test (Nov 01, 2009 )
Detailed evaluation and test of JavaServer Faces 2
- Devoxx presentation on Choosing Web Frameworks (Sep 17, 2009 )
- Tapestry web framework evaluation and test (Aug 14, 2009 )
I have finally finished the detailed test of the Tapestry web framework. I have tested version 5.1 and was quite surprised by the concepts.
- Java Memory -Xms128m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m (Jun 25, 2009 )
- Java Cloud Computing (Jun 02, 2009 )
Some impressions from the Java One Conference 2009
- Window id – sample application (May 28, 2009 )
- Let’s improve the support for visual development in Eclipse, Netbeans and IntelliJ (May 25, 2009 )
An idea to improve the support for visual development in common IDEs.
- Stripes Framework evaluation (Apr 23, 2009 )
As part of the series Web Framework evaluation, you can find a free detailed review of the Stripes framework. Two sample projects are included.
- Friendly Java Date API, calculate with dates, working day calculation (Feb 01, 2009 )
- Performance Tuning Tips for Hibernate and Java Persistence (Jan 27, 2009 )
An extract of the chapter Performance of my book Hibernate and Java Persistence by Example
- Hibernate Search with Lucene (Jan 12, 2009 )
Tutorial on Hibernate Search with Lucene
- The Web Framework Evaluation – Summary (Jan 01, 2009 )
- Hibernate annotation reference (German) (Jan 01, 2009 )
Reference of Hibernate and Java Persistence annotations
- @javax.persistence.AttributeOverride (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Table (Jan 01, 2009 )
- The Web Framework Evaluation – Part 07 (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Version (Jan 01, 2009 )
- The Web Framework Evaluation – Part 04 (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Enumerated (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Embeddable (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.UniqueConstraint (Jan 01, 2009 )
- JQuery Autocomplete Demo (Jan 01, 2009 )
Demo page of the JQuery autocomplete widget.
- @org.hibernate.annotations.CollectionOfElement (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.ManyToOne (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Temporal (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @org.hibernate.annotations.Formula (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Inheritance (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Basic (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.SecondaryTable (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.OneToMany (Jan 01, 2009 )
- Web Framework review – evaluation – test (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.GeneratedValue (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Lob (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.MappedSuperclass (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.DiscriminatorValue (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.DiscriminatorColumn (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @org.hibernate.annotations.Index (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @org.hibernate.annotations.DiscriminatorFormula (Jan 01, 2009 )
- Open Source Robin Hood License (Jan 01, 2009 )
- Window id concept – leverage the HTTP session (Jan 01, 2009 )
Main page around the window id concept
- @org.hibernate.annotations.Parent (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @org.hibernate.annotations.Entity (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.IdClass (Jan 01, 2009 )
- The Web Framework Evaluation – Part 03 (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Transient (Jan 01, 2009 )
- JQuery JSON Autocomplete library with single and multiple selects (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Entity (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.ManyToMany (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @org.hibernate.annotations.Table (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.SequenceGenerator (Jan 01, 2009 )
- The Web Framework Evaluation – Part 02 (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.OneToOne (Jan 01, 2009 )
- Java Database Development for web applications (Jan 01, 2009 )
- Java security in web application, typical attacks, Tomcat security (Jan 01, 2009 )
- The Web Framework Evaluation – Part 9 – Appendix (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Id (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.TableGenerator (Jan 01, 2009 )
- The Web Framework Evaluation – Part 06 (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.EmbeddedId (Jan 01, 2009 )
- The Web Framework Evaluation – Part 05 (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.AttributeOverrides (Jan 01, 2009 )
- The Web Framework Evaluation – Testing Stripes Framework (Jan 01, 2009 )
- Java and JRuby working together (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Embedded (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @javax.persistence.Column (Jan 01, 2009 )
- @org.hibernate.annotations.GenericGenerator (Jan 01, 2009 )
- Apache Tomcat mod_jk selinux (Sep 14, 2008 )
Installation notes for mod_jk with Tomcat on selinux protected Centos.
- Make Selinux Postfix Postgrey and Dovecot work together (Sep 04, 2008 )
Make Selinux Postfix Postgrey and Dovecot work together Selinux provides a higher level of security on a linux machine but comes with a lot of complexity and bad documentation. I noted the things I did to make Postfix, Postgrey and Dovecot work together.
- Startup script for Tomcat on Centos | Redhat | Fedora (Aug 22, 2008 )
- Git an svn alternativ (Aug 14, 2008 )
Quick notes on git version control
- Creating a JBoss Seam application (Apr 25, 2008 )
Step by step tutorial showing how to setup a basic JBoss Seam application
- First Hibernate example – tutorial (Feb 09, 2008 )
Tutorial showing a simple sample application using Hibernate
- Struts 1 Examples html:checkbox, html:multibox, html:select, html:option, …. (Jan 01, 2008 )
- Struts form validation and error handling (Dec 01, 2007 )
- Struts Paging Tutorial (Dec 01, 2007 )
This tutorial explain two ways to page through a list in struts. The first way works with normal struts tags and and the second with the really good display tag library.
- Struts Multi Page Form Tutorial (Dec 01, 2007 )
This tutorial shows how to create a multi-page forms with struts.
- Jdom XSD Schema validation (Nov 27, 2007 )
Quick notes on XSD schema validation with JDOM
- XML JDOM dtd validation saxbuilder (Nov 21, 2007 )
Quick notes on activating DTD validation with schemas.
- Performance of Java exceptions (Oct 30, 2007 )
Influence of exception on the application performance.
- Hibernate id equals and hashcode (Sep 05, 2007 )
Strategy to implement identity
- Glassfish SunOne Toplink Postgresql (Jun 22, 2007 )
Notes on setting up a EJB 3 and JPA project on this architecture.
- Problem using Hibernate Annotations (Mar 06, 2007 )
There is a fair chance that new users encounter a situation, where Hibernate ignores annotations.
- (Feb 28, 2007 )
- Log4j tutorial with Tomcat examples (Feb 22, 2007 )
- Yogurt shrimps salsa (Feb 02, 2007 )
A recipe, which came into my mind and wasn’t bad
- Blogs Pebble Tomcat installation (Feb 01, 2007 )
Reasons to choose pebble as blogging software and installation log.
- First EJB 3 Tutorial using Ant as build tool. (Mar 15, 2006 )
Tutorial showing how to create a session and entity beans with annotations and JBoss app server.
- EJB 3 Struts Tutorial create step by step a web application with Struts, JBoss and EBJ 3 (Mar 15, 2006 )
Tutorial showing how to integrate EJB 3 with Struts 1
- First EJB 3 Tutorial (Mar 15, 2006 )
First EJB 3 Tutorial showing a session and entity beans with annotations and JBoss.
- Struts Hibernate Integration Tutorial (Jan 02, 2006 )
First steps using Struts 1 and Hibernate.
- Spring DAO with JBDC, Eclipse, PostgreSQL, MySql (Dec 09, 2005 )
Implementing DAO pattern with the Spring framework
- MyEclipse CSS editor for Eclipse (Apr 28, 2005 )
- Junit Testing Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) (Apr 26, 2005 )
- Junit Testing with Struts (StrutsTestCases extension) (Apr 13, 2005 )
- Eclipse Junit testing tutorial (Apr 12, 2005 )
- EJB 2 – Entity EJB on database view (Apr 06, 2005 )
Tutorial on Entity EJB for a database view
- JavaServer Faces Tutorial (JSF) – Message Resources (Mar 21, 2005 )
This tutorial explains the internationalization of a web application using JSF message resource bundle.
- JavaServer Faces – Developing custom converters (Mar 17, 2005 )
This tutorial explains how to develop your own converters.
- JavaServer Faces – Converter Tutorial (Mar 10, 2005 )
This tutorial explains the usage of converters in JSF.
- JavaServer Faces – Validation – Error Handling (Mar 10, 2005 )
- JavaServer Faces Navigation Tutorial (Mar 08, 2005 )
- What is Hibernate tutorial? (Feb 25, 2005 )
A first introduction
- EJB 2 – Complex Container Managed Relations (CMP) with JBoss (Feb 16, 2005 )
Multiple examples to create CMP relations between EJB.
- ValidatorForm working example tutorial (Feb 16, 2005 )
This tutorial explains the ValidatorForm class using a working example.
- Struts ValidatorActionForm using an example application (Feb 16, 2005 )
This tutorial explains the usage of the Struts form bean ValidatorActionForm using a working example.
- DynaValidatorActionForm with example application (Feb 16, 2005 )
This tutorial explains the DynaValidatorActionForm using a working example.
- Struts ActionForm working example tutorial (Feb 08, 2005 )
This tutorial explains the Struts form bean ActionForm using a small example application.
- DynaValidatorForm working example tutorial (Feb 08, 2005 )
This tutorial explains the usage of the DynaValidatorForm using a small working example.
- LazyValidatorForm working example tutorial (Feb 08, 2005 )
This tutorial explains the usage of the form bean LazyValidatorForm using a small example application.
- BeanValidatorForm working example tutorial (Feb 08, 2005 )
This tutorial explains the usage of the BeanValidatorForm using a small working example.
- Struts DynaActionForm working example tutorial (Feb 08, 2005 )
This tutorial explains the Struts form bean DynaActionForm using a small example application.
- Mapping use cases to Struts (Jan 25, 2005 )
This Tutorial illustrates how to map use cases from application logic to Struts.
- Debugging from JSP and Java Applications (Jan 25, 2005 )
- Visual Struts development tutorial using MyEclipse (Jan 25, 2005 )
- Tips and tricks for eclipse and the plugin MyEclipse (Jan 25, 2005 )
- First Struts Tutorial (free tools, Struts Console, JBoss IDE) (Jan 20, 2005 )
This tutorial will explain first steps using the web framework Apache Struts and the development environment eclipse.
- Session Bean facade to an Entity EJB (Jan 10, 2005 )
Step by step example of creating a session bean as business facade to an entity EJB.
- EJB 2 – Entity EJB with xDoclet, MyEclipse, Jboss and PostgreSql (Jan 10, 2005 )
Creation and testing of a simple Entity Bean
- EJB 2 – CMP relations between Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) Tutorial ? eclipse, xdoclet, jboss (Jan 10, 2005 )
A step by step example showing how to develop CMP relations.
- First Java Server Faces Tutorial (JSF) (Dec 21, 2004 )
Tutorial showing first steps using JavaServer Faces
- Web project with eclipse, JBOSS application serv and the jboss IDE (Dec 21, 2004 )
This Tutorial explains the creation and deployment of web project to jboss.
- EJB 2 – Finder Methods Tutorial – xDoclet Jboss MySql PostgreSQL (Dec 06, 2004 )
Finder methods with EJB 2
- First Java Servlets and JSP Tutorial (Nov 23, 2004 )
Tutorial creating a small web application, which illustrates the usage of JavaServer Pages combined with Java Servlets
- Integration of Struts and EJB (Nov 22, 2004 )
The usage of enterprise java beans in combination with struts is the goal of this tutorial.
- What is Struts? Intro to a framework for web applications. (Nov 13, 2004 )
- Java Encyclopaedia (Nov 13, 2004 )
- Dynamic forms, struts and the java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException and ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException (Nov 13, 2004 )
- Struts Form Bean Overview Tutorial (Nov 13, 2004 )
- Struts Message Resources Tutorial (Nov 11, 2004 )
This tutorial explains the usage of struts message resources.
- Struts Tiles Tutorial (Nov 08, 2004 )
- First Struts Tutorial using Eclipse, MyEclipse (Nov 02, 2004 )
- Struts Iteration with nested tags (Feb 29, 2004 )
In this tutorial we want to explain what are the features of the new nested tag library and show some little examples how you can use it.
- Installation of jboss 3.2 as windows service under Windows 2000 and XP (Nov 22, 2003 )