Rock solid Java EE training
Possible training language: German and English
In this training a lot of questions about building and deploying reliable and resilient Java EE applications are addressed. You will learn a wide choice of strategies and explore them in real exercises. This is done with a preference of understanding and simplicity over heavy technology.
- How to distribute load of HTTP requests and broker messages?
- How to distribute work load dynamically in an app server cluster?
- How to setup clusters and simulate failures?
- How to guaranty that a problem in service A does not impact service B?
- How to deal with failing of app server nodes in a cluster?
- How to recover from a failover or downtime of databases or message brokers?
- How to monitor a JBoss cluster?
The training covers 3 days and includes a large number of practical labs on small JBoss clusters.
Your trainer is Sebastian Hennebrueder.
How to book?
Contact me for a training in Frankfurt/Germany or an onsite trainings in your office.
Duration 3 days – 18 hours
Price net 2100 EUR, Price incl. VAT 2499 EUR
Experienced Java developers who want to build and deploy rock solid Java EE applications. Java EE and application server experience is required.
Printed copy of slides
Table of Content
Recover from infrastructure failure
- Failover of message broker and databases (Lab)
- Downtime of broker and databases (Lab)
- Avoid cascading of a blocked service to the whole system (Lab)
Understanding Java EE technologies
- Understanding the technical consequences of Java EE and CDI
- Impact of HTTP, Async, Bean, Thread and other pools
- Understanding cascading failures in Java EE
- Strategies and where to apply them (Lab)
- Tools and libraries to monitor Java EE application (Lab)
- Finding criteria that matters
- Performance monitoring as indicator
- Cluster architecture
- Scaling problems
- Impact of failover
Distribution of workload
- HTTP load distribution (Lab)
- Broker Message based load distribution (Lab)
- Parallel access problems and concurrency strategies (Lab)
- Failover and recovery (Lab)
- Dynamic workload distribution and service discovery (Lab)